* Complete phone system
* Voice Mail
* Digital Receptionist
* Unlimited Extentions And Phone Lines
* Remote Extension Capabilities
* Purchase cost dramatically lower than a traditional hardware PBX
* Scalable - Unlimited extensions and phone lines.
* No proprietary expansion modules needed!
* Unified Communications - Receive voice mail via e-mail & see user presence
* Auto Attendant (e.g. 1 for sales, 2 for support, etc.)
* Reduce long distance and inter office call costs
* No more expensive proprietary system phones - Use standard IP phones
* Eliminate the phone wiring and make moving offices easier
* Easy call control, presence and extension management
* Fail-over call routing to a different site in the event of Internet disruption
* Private lines and DID
* Vanity numbers (1-800)
* Caller ID
* Fax To Email capable *
Can we keep our current phone numbers if we move to a different carrier?
Yes, all phone companies have Phone Number Portability agreements which allow clients to keep their existing phone numbers and use them with any other phone carriers
What equipment and software do we need in order to deploy a VOIP PBX system?
A copy of 3CX software running in a Windows based computer
Hard phone sets and/or 3CX software phone installed in your workstations or combination of both
Ethernet network with Cat5e or Cat6
A VOIP Provider (or VOIP Gateway if you keep using your current analogue phone lines).
Most business use Hard phone sets
What is a VOIP Gateway?
A VOIP Gateway is a device that converts analogue phone lines to digital VOIP signal an vice versa. This maybe necessary if you are forced to continue using your current analogue physical lines.